Let’s face it: most people find it a pain to pay for insurance. Well, you can’t say having car insurance isn’t helpful when your car may get stolen or may be involved in an accident.
Motor insurance has been made mandatory for all vehicles due to the risky driving conditions present today. In the event of a collision, it ensures not only your safety but also that of your car and third parties involved.
It is advised to purchase a comprehensive motor insurance policy because it provides more coverage. It contains third-party liability coverage as well as own damage cover, which covers injuries or damage to you and your vehicle. You can also purchase add-ons for greater coverage.
Here are some tips to make the premiums cost-effective:
- Compare policies: Comparing helps you save a lot of money because you can see how much each policy costs and what it includes. A simple, natural comparison process helps people make good buying decisions and save money.
We suggest you use the car insurance calculator available on an insurance website to study the various policies and compare car insurance prices. *
- Review your policy: Don’t fall for just advertisements. Review all the policy details and see if there are any riders or extras you may no longer need. Cutting out things like rust protection, sealant cover, etc., can save you a lot of money on your premium if you don’t need coverage for such issues.
Make sure to check each part of the policy’s value and keep your choices as few as possible. *
- Focus on no claim bonus: Yes, if you get a lot of no claim bonus points, you can save up to 50% on your car insurance. If you don’t claim for a year or more, your insurance company may give you a “no claim bonus.”
The more years you don’t make a claim, your premium may go down even more. Safe driving may earn you NCB points, which might lower your premiums. *
- Increase your deductibles: Keeping your deductibles high can cut your car insurance costs. The higher your deductible, the less you might have to pay in premiums.
Don’t go overboard and choose a deductible you can’t afford because you’ll have to pay it when you file a claim. *
- Have a safe driving record – Drivers who have a safe driving record usually have to pay low premiums. This is because those with an unsafe driving history may be more prone to accidents and may make claims more often. On the other hand, safe drivers are less likely to raise claims. Insurance companies may quote you a lesser premium if your driving record is safe and free from any traffic violations and/or incidents. *
* Standard T&C Apply
It is clear that to save money on car insurance, you need to do a lot of research. And stay up-to-date!To make things easier, buy insurance online. New car insurance details may also be available online.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.