Technology for weaving is constantly improving and now it has touched almost every sector of the textile industry for the better. Just a few years back, the processing and weaving sector of the textile industry was considered to be quite lagging behind as compared to other industries.
However, with the efforts of various textile machinery manufacturers and also some serious efforts made by the textile industry itself, various government as well as engineering departments, and weaving technology also has seen good technological advancements.
As far as the journey of weaving is concerned, it had started from plain power loom and now it has reached to various high automatic weaving machines, which are really very interesting to see.
Higher levels of automation have been seen in the weaving industry as a result of technological advancements. The demand on automation are as follows.
A constant velocity that will remain in the same direction irrespective of other changes. This velocity must be indirectly related to:
- Consistency in fabric quality
- Fast position-oriented weft threads supply corresponding to the selection of colour
- Fewer examples of resetting times for changes of various set-ups.
- Increased machine cycle times
- Warp let-off and fabric take-up
- Weft insertion that complements cycle times
Weaving is still partially mechanised, despite the fact that other textile operations are fully automated. Knitting machine makers are working hard to make outstanding use of electronics to create machines that are more autonomous and versatile.
Many changes have been made to the progress that has already been made. It is critical that companies support automation and other innovation in the weaving part of the textile industry, as automation will ensure that producers deliver the highest quality cloth within a set time frame.
Advantages of automation process in weaving
Various automation solutions that are implemented in the weaving process in the textile industry offers the following advantages:
- For attaining even faster resetting times, it is possible to replace the mechanical cam with a certain high-resolution type of SIMOTION cam function to obtain motion for the harness.
- Particularly in the electronic cam, the kind of technology functions that are integrated with SIMOTION will make it easier to implement the necessary motion control safely and easily for the process.
- Also, wherever necessary, they can allow modified motion profiles to make the process more flexible with the minimum amount of effort.
- With variable user interfaces, it will be possible to enable the process parameters to be adaptable more quickly to the execution system. It will be possible to reproduce all these data at any time and also can be assigned as per the process technology. You will no longer need a lot of changes to make any manual adjustments.
- All the tools for configuration, commissioning, and also diagnostics can be integrated into a uniform, scalable, and SCOUT engineering system for reducing the service and also configuration times.
Automation has allowed for the electronic control of machines via user-friendly interfaces, to achieve machine speed of up to 1000 rpm, which is 5 – 10 times faster than what they were 20 years ago.